Lakselvtinden (1616), The Lyngen Peninsula, Norway
Store Lakselvtinden (left) and
seen from Sørfjorden
(FIRST ASCENT) - August 23, 1899.
Messrs. C.V. Rawlence and L. C. Rawlence left Holmebugt at 11 A.M., and
reached Tomasskar at 6 P.M. by way of the couloir ascended by Mrs. Main
on July 16. From the pass they ascended the narrow and rather steep
couloir on the S.E. side of the peak to its termination, thence over a
hundred feet of good rocks to the summit, which was reached at 7.25
P.M. The descent was commenced at 7.30 P.M.,
Holmebugt being reached at 1 A.M."
Expeditions in 1899", Alpine Journal 1900-01.
Store Lakselvtinden (left) and Tomastinden
seen from Lakselvbukt.
route follows the
large gully up to Tomasskaret (see red line).
Climbed with members of
Tromsø Klatreklubb 11. March 1979.
Turn left in Tomasskar
and follow another gully all the way to the
summit. See picture below.
Lakselvtindene as seen from Lakselvbukt
The normal route follows the
large gully up to Tomasskar (see red line).
Store Lakselvtind as seen from
This picture: Nigel Yoccoz
Store Lakselvtinden from Tomastinden.
This photo: Kent-Hugo Norheim.
(left) and Store Lakselvtinde from Imbodentinden.
This photo: Kent-Hugo
Geir Jenssen 2012